what kind of shampoo is the best?

my hair has been falling out alot

Tiffany_Rivera_

Asked by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 1:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• If you notice however that your hair strands don't always have the bulb (root), then it's probably due to breakage. Which is a result of over processing your hair.

First I suggest a few protein treatments. You can pick up a protein pack at your local beauty supply store (like Sallies) or make a homemade organic variety. (pm me for recipe).
    I also suggest a good shampoo/conditioner. Something with protein/keratin in the ingredients. I like Joico K-pac series, or Paul Brown Ressurrect. You can go to your local salon to find their brands (be sure to get a reconstruction/protein treatment, like formula for highly damaged hair), or check out jcpennies for brands like redkin etc. (again, you are looking for a reconstruction like formula)

DO NOT buy cheap, store brands, like pantene, sauve, etc for your hair. They are not beneficial, and when used right, cost the same as professional products.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I use a homemade organic bar of soap/shampoo, the oils and butters in it are pretty moisturizing so I don't even have to use conditioner anymore, but I would use a vinegar rinse for conditioner when i used the "no poo" method of baking soda and water
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• A few things.. your hair is falling out why? just had a baby or another reason? Generally your hair won't fall out for NO reason..There is a shampoo called Nioxin..Google it but it depends why your hair is falling out..Mine is too but bc I had a baby 6 months ago doc says this is normal
    Kelly2573

Answer by Kelly2573 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I've always heard that its not the shampoo, but the conditioner that matters most. I would talk to your Dr. about your hair falling out. Insist on having a test done for your thyroid count. Good luck
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• find out what's causing your hair to fall out & go from there
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• if your hair is falling out you need to determine why first.

First look at the hair falling out. Do you see the small bulb at the end of the hair shaft indicating it is falling out by the roots? If so, can you estimate it to be more than 100 strands a day? (loosing 50-100 strands is normal hair loss and not a cause for concern, it will grow back, it's just part of the hair growth cycle) If you are loosing more, consult your doctor (unless you just had a baby. For some reason after having a baby, your hair tends to skip to the end phase, the telegen phase around the same time, resulting in a few more than normal, unless of course it is coming out in clumps, then continue on to the doctor). Hair loss that is abnormal could be from anemia or like illnesses (insufficient nutrients), or a form of alopecia, etc.

Continue below
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I know they say they are "healthy", but they are only the illusion of health and will actually damage hair more.

Also, PM me your daily hair care regiment, and I'll make suggestions for other products that may help, (if damage is the problem).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• it may be post partum hair loss did you have a baby in the last few months? also low iron is a cause.....get a blood test done to find out.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It could be many things as mentioned above. But if you are wanting a shampoo and conditioner, I would go with Nioxin
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2010