wal-mart wont pay for hours worked!

If I work over my hours walmart will not pay. There is no way to prove because when we clock in we don't receive a ticket or anything. Times are hard enough, we already don't get paid enough. Now they are taking what we have earned. What can I do? The boss won't do anything either!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• Don't work a second over. Otherwise talk to a lawyer. Employers have to provide you with that information.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• If they won't pay you, why are you working over your hours? Are you contracted at a certain number of hours per week? What did your boss say when you told him? If you aren't getting paid for the hours you work, you should talk to your local department of labor who can investigate.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• walmart is famous for doing that.......i would look for a job elsewhere because it's very common with walmart to do that.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Contact a lawyer and the state labor board. Walmart has been sued and lost on over 2 MILLION instances of this type of thing. They're being sued in 43 states for labor law violations. You're not the only one they're screwing.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Walmart is very picky about overtime, they absolutely will not pay it if it's not pre-authorized. Start writing down your clock-in, clock-out times in a little notebook. If they are shorting you pay on regular time, it's time to talk to a lawyer - have another job lined up first. I have heard good things about Target.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Talk to a lawyer. It'll be in the stores' system how many hours you were clocked in and how many hours you were paid for and he can tell you the best route to go. If that doesn't help, then I'd contact the local media.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would look for another job. This is one of the many reasons that my family chooses not to shop at WalMart. They do this often. DON'T work overtime. Just work your scheduled shift.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Walmart has already had one lawsuit about this and I am shocked that they would continue to do this. When I worked there you could see how many hours you had at every punch. If you can still do that I would keep a close eye on my time and punch out at 40 hours and leave. What can they do? Fire you because you won't work for no pay? Talk to a lawyer, especially if you have a lot of other coworkers to come and back you up on the allegations would be a great help also.

treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 1:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• This right here---Contact a lawyer and the state labor board. Walmart has been sued and lost on over 2 MILLION instances of this type of thing. They're being sued in 43 states for labor law violations. You're not the only one they're screwing.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Wal-mart is the WORST place you can work for. I worked there for 4 months and they screw you on everything it seems that they can legally get away with. I understand people need jobs, so I'm not going to say nobody should work there, but people that do work there and are getting screwed over should fight fight fight!!!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2010