Are you watching both candidates speak?

I don't understand all of this misinformation going on in here and around CM and other places online. I understand and repect your opnions, but some of your opinions are based on false information.
So my question to you is are you watching and listening to what both the candidates are saying and then making your opinion, or are you only watching your candidate speak?

FishingMama

Asked by FishingMama at 9:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I watch both candidates. I want to know everything about who I'm for as well as the other guy because if the other guy gets in, I'll know what he stands for as well. I think that it is very important to know about what's going on in our country. And I think that it is very unfortunate that some people couldn't even tell you who the President is currently. I do agree with you totally though, there are so many people spreading rumors on both candidates instead of taking the time to find out themself. GREAT QUESTION.
    Mrs_Bonsta

Answer by Mrs_Bonsta at 9:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Thank you mama. Yes, I agree, rumors on both sides, I didn't make that clear in my OP, but that is imperative to prevent any arguing.

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 9:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I have been watching both canidates as well as looking on line at various websites for information. Its really hard to get the honest truth from the media since you can tell which stations and shows are republican and democratic and are for what canidate.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Yes, I agreeIts really hard to get the honest truth from the media since you can tell which stations and shows are republican and democratic and are for what canidate.

That is why my opinion is that we all need to watch both candidates and then do some online research. Great point BabyBeans!

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 9:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Yup.... and I hate that Obama will not give you the "full story" Just what he thinks you should hear..
    Anonymous

• YES! And have listened and watched for awhile...We ought to LISTEN very closely and yes do our own investigating both candiates. Write down your issues, your convictions, your ideal of what you want to see in a president. Please even google and read our Bill of Rights. Listen and see who has the same convictions, values, beliefs that you do.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Exquisite advice heavenschild

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 11:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• McCain welcomed the endorsement of Texas megachurch preacher John Hagee, but later rejected it after tapes surfaced of Hagee saying that God sent Adolf Hitler and the Holocaust to help the Jews reach Israel.

"Then God sent a hunter. A hunter is someone with a gun, and he forces you. Hitler was a hunter. ... How did it happen? Because God allowed it to happen. Why did it happen? Because God said, 'My top priority for the Jewish people is to get them to come back to the land of Israel," Hagee said in a sermon posted on the Huffington Post.

Anonymous

• Hagee has also called the Roman Catholic Church "the great whore" and a "false cult system," and he said Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment for homosexuality.

McCain accepted Hagee's endorsement in April, but changed his tune a month later, when he also rejected the endorsement of Ohio preacher Rod Parsley of the World Harvest Church, who has been a critic of Islam, calling the religion violent.

Anonymous

• I watch both candidates. But I find that inevitably after watching less than 2 minutes of the Obama/Biden camp, I am shouting obscenities and restraining myself from throwing stuff at the television. Sorry, I can't deal with the Socialism they are preaching. Its not what my ancestors wanted when they sacrificed so much to build this great country.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2008