How to tell 7 year old , how baby got into stomach ?

My daughter is almost 7 years old ( in two months ). She ask me today, how baby got into stomach ( pregnancy ). Do you know any good answer ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I personally would just do my best to offer up a truthful answer at an age appropriate level.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I think it depends on how much she already knows about sex. Some 7 year olds are quite savvy. It might suffice to tell her that mom and dad decided to make a baby, and mom has a special place in her stomach called a uterus for the baby to live and grow until it is ready to be born. Then, if she asks follow up questions, just answer her honestly, but don't give her more information than she asks for.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I got pregnant in June (since had a miscarriage), but my 3 yo daughter asked me how the baby got into my belly, and I told her that Mommy and Daddy wanted to make a baby and Daddy put it into my belly. She didn't ask how thank goodness! :-p lol. But I don't really know what to tell your DD, she's sure to ask questions tho.....Good Luck!!
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Tell her the truth in terms and language she can understand and allow her to ask questions. My son was 7 when he first asked and we were completely honest about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Give a minimal answer such as, "It is growing there from a tiny cell." Usually they just want the most basic answer. If she asks for more info, add a little more. Just give her direct, simple answers without elaborating. At this age, too much info just becomes confusing anyway.
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 8:44 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I agree with telling her the truth in terms she can understand. My son was 5 when he asked about this and we let him lead the conversation. We only gave him information for the things that he asked. When he stopped asking we stopped talking about it.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My boys are 9 and 7. I didn't have the sex tlk with them until recently. The only reason I did have that talk is because I overheard a converstaion they were having that was pretty innapropriate- and graphic. When I asked them where they were heard that stuff they said school. We live in a very samall town with a verygood school. I know most of their friends' parents. I was shocked to hear them talk that way. My point is your daughter might know more than you think and is looking for (age appropriate) truthful answers. Good luck- don't ya wish we could keep them little and innocent forever!!!!
    mykidsrock77

Answer by mykidsrock77 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• First of all, make sure she knows the baby is not in your stomach, but in a special place called the uterus. At the age of 7 if your child is asking questions, then she's old enough to tknow the answers. If she doesn't hear it from you, believe me, she's going to hear it from everyone else. Go to the library and find age appropriate books to help you discuss it with her.
    woodswalker

Answer by woodswalker at 10:39 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Honest but simple.
    Keep in mind that she has seen lots of things in the media, heard lots of things from older girls at school, and that a few girls as young as her will start developing this school year. If you don't give her correct information now, she very well may not trust you to answer her questions about this touchy subject in the years to come.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i told my daughter the same thing that gretchen told her child, however my daughter did ask how did daddy put it in my belly. DH told he that he did magic while i was sleeping and he put the baby in there. i know its al ittle silly but its kinda true, except fot the me sleeping part, lol. so now she know that daddy had to do something magical to mommy for the baby to be in my stomach.
    mom2gavahnyaand

Answer by mom2gavahnyaand at 11:54 AM on Oct. 29, 2008