Does your baby clean?

My daughter is 10m old and she picks up after herself. Like she will knock something that has piese over and she picks it back up. my kids have the leapfrog letters thing that goes on the fridge. well i keep them in a bucket and ifshe sees them on the floor she will pick them up and put them in the bucket. But my 2yr old will NOT pick up anything not even when i'm helping. I was just wondering if your baby did this too.

Just to make sure you understand i dont make her do it she seems to like to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is almost two and he is a clean freak or atleast for a baby he is lol. I babysit another little boy whos only one day older then him and my son is a one of a kind..... when my baby is eating and he drops something on his pants, he picks it up and either eats it or puts it back in his bowl. The other little boy I babysit throws it on the ground as if it were nothing. My son will pick toys up with out me asking him and he loves to help fold clothes and whipe my cofee table down lol. Its so funny but I rather him be this way then messy I guess.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• my 22 month old nephew helps me clean, or tries to... sometimes he gets more in the way than anything but he's trying. He'll pick stuff up off the floor and throw it away along with dirty diapers before i get the chance to, he will also get me wipies and things like that if i ask him to. He loves to help out.
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 9:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• my dd is 20 months and she also picks up after herself pretty good. i showed her every night where everything belonged and i always keep pieces of the same toys together when we're done playing with them. eventually, she just did it on her own. she especially loves clearing off the table!
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Man, I hope my little one is like that, I am a nut when it comes to straightening up behind her!!
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 11:02 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My daughter started doing that as soon as she could crawl, which was 5 months. Now at 15 months, she cleans up after herself all the time. If she spills milk or juice on the floor she gets a towel and wipes it up, she picks up all of her toys, and even puts things in the garbage. She also started trying to push the vacuum around, she just wants to help. I think it's adorable.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 29, 2008