my chiroprator told me if i want to lose weight to not eat meat, dairy or anything with gluten.

really? i'm going to starve to death. are there any websites that have recipes for this kind of diet?

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Health

• Why would you listen to your chiropractor about diet?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• That's absurd. Eat smaller portions and exorcise and you'll be healthy and lose weight.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Sounds like he is trying to impose his own personal beliefs on you. Truth is a health balanced diet can and should include those things as long as you don't have any allergies (or wish to be vegan).
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• lmao shanna i was going to say the same thing. i would talk to a nutritionist for advice on diets. and that is not the only way to lose weight....i have had a lot of success counting calories (1200/day) and that teaches you to make good food choices which helps you keep the weight off later.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• He/she is right, though I would not totally exclude meat. Stick to lean meats, limit dairy and gluten as much as possible. I lost 70+ pounds doing that very thing without exercise or even trying to lose weight and have been able to keep it off for over 10 years. I did the calorie counting, used the food pyramid, was under a doctor's care, exercised 5-6 times a week and always gained weight because that diet relied heavily on grains, which were problematic for me (too many grains caused severe spikes in my insulin levels and it was that excess insulin in my body that kept my from losing weight). Determine what your nutritional type is and research hyperinsulinemia and the low-carb lifestyle.
    Anonymous

• no you can eat meat, just minimize the portions. You dont want to eat red meat too often, but you could have some salmon or some baked chicken, whatever you eat just serve them with a healthy side like veggies! Dairy is also fine! Some cheeses are healthier than others, yogurt is great for the digestive system, lowfat milk is good for bone and muscle health. Eat your veggies!!!! Carbs are important, but you can always stick with low carbs
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2010