Photographer moms,

What's a good camera for a person WITHOUT a lot of money? And what about it makes it good? Thanks so much. I have a digital camera that is at least 6 years old ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Entertainment

• I'd be interested in this as well.
    While I do take a lot of pictures, I cant seem to find one that fits all my needs and is still compact.
    I had one that ate batteries like candy, but took great pictures. I have one now that is just ok.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 1:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It really depends on what features you want, and exactly what your budget is. Do you want manual settings or just to pick up the camera and take pictures? will the camera just be for your everyday snapshots or are you really into photography and want to learn how to use a professional camera? I have a "purse camera" and a DSLR...i love both of them for different types of pictures and different reasons, one of mine is a canon and one is a nikon...they are both great brands and I love nikon lenses. But there are a lot of others to choose from.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have a Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Elph. I use it for family photos and for taking photos for my business. Check out the wallpaper on my profile for an example of a quality shot. Plus, I've taken landscape photos with it that were good enough to be entered into an art show.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010