Are you cutting back this chirstmas??

With prices soaring and the hard economic times? We aren't because we never gave lots anyway--but it is still harder I think

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 1:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• not really. we don't go crazy and buy for the extended families, anyway. i'm sure we'll do what we normally do...minus the crazy decorating, since we could be moving around that time. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We are doing well financially thank goodness, so no cut backs, but we try to be thrifty anyway. So some gifts will be purchases used off craigslist and ebay.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We will be, yes. Not really because of the economy though, because to be honest, that hasn't affected us at all. But my fiance quit his job to go back to school, so we only have my income now...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• not really....but i'm like you i don't buy a million things anyway. they can each ask santa for 1 thing and then usually me and daddy get them a couple of things and that's it.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Not one bit. Christmas is the one time I splurge!

Answer by older at 1:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Finances are severely tight here. We've never been outrageously extravagant with spending, but we will have to cut back a bit.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I'm just buying kids gifts this year no older people, but of coruse they's like 15 to 20 kids in my hole family.
    ortega3

Answer by ortega3 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Not really, we don't have a whole lot of people we buy for, and our children are the most important. We'll wait till tax return time to buy our 'goodies' just so that our kids will have an awesome christmas!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No. We plan and budget especially for Christmas. Christmas is a big deal in our home, as it was for both my husband and myself growing up.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• This is the first year we DON"T have too!!! I am very happy. Now we are not going to go crazy or anything cause Santa and grandparents take care of most of it.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 1:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2010