Average price of an acre of land?

I just inherited 8.5 acres of property and was just wondering if anyone knew the average price for an acre of land is? Not selling it, just curious to how much it is worth.

maddoxsmama

Asked by maddoxsmama at 1:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It varies hugely depending on location, zoning, and the current market in the area. Talk to a realtor.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• yes....as they say real estate is all about location.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yea thats what I figured. Its in the country part of Morgantown, WV. I tried to look it up but just came up with real estate websites just selling lots of acres instead of just one.
    maddoxsmama

Comment by maddoxsmama (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• around my area I think its 3000 an acrebut as other pp its location
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 1:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Well at the beach it could cost a million for acre. In the country, in Delaware, about $42,000 per acre. Everything depends are where you are and how much someone is willing to pay for it. Farmland here around $5,000 per acre. To get the actual worth of the acreage, you would need an appraiser to look at it.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• yep depends on the area markets, here in montana, my mom's would sell for 60,000 w/out a well or anything, other parts of the state its more like 100,000..

I would also recommend getting it appraised, even if just for your own records.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2010