How do I get my 9 month old to sleep? She just started to melt down every night at bedtime. This is new and I don't know what to do with her.

It sometimes takes hours to get her to sleep. She cries until she makes herself sick!
I have rocked her to sleep and she wakes up crying the second I put her down. I tried both putting her to bed asleep and awake. HELP!

erinetsuko

Asked by erinetsuko at 9:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• idk but my 5month old started doing that every night to ...im sooo tired lol havent slept in days because of this
    MiasMommy6908

Answer by MiasMommy6908 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I think you are probably waiting til she is over tired. Overtored babies are hard to get down. Get a bit of a routine a bath, a story, and then some rocking. Goodluck.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 9:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• In addition to the above advice, also make sure that your baby isn't going to bed hungry. We always do a nightime feeding as part of the bedtime routine (we're still breastfeeding, close to 9 months now). Hang in there. Take naps yourself if you can so that you have the energy for these hard nights.
    dc-mom

Answer by dc-mom at 10:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• why not give her the bottle before bedtime and get her tired.. If your baby doesn't sleep just leave her in the room or put some soft classical music on for her to sleep.

I did that with my daughter make her tired and giver her bottle by three months she is sleeping thought the night.

just wait to they get older they will wanted to stay up and play..
    just do easy way give the bottle and classical music and say good night and leave
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I had my first very young and had this problem and would sit and cry. She has learned that you will eventually come in and get her. Like the above ladies said make sure you have met all her needs before you put her down. My mom made me let her cry herself to sleep. She made herself sick 2x and my mom cleaned it and laid her back down. I sat at the door crying because it broke my heart to hear her. But after a few days she stopped. I thought it was the worst thing at the time my mom made me do that, but it worked. Not saying you should do it - just wanted to share what worked for me.
    janie-o

Answer by janie-o at 12:32 AM on Oct. 29, 2008