How much do you spend on Halloween costumes.

I spend as little as possible, going to the dollar store because it is so cold here(in MN) on most halloweens if we go trick or treating the costumes are covered up by coats and sometimes(like last year) SNOW PANTS AND BOOTS!!! I only spent lots on a fury cow costume that my DD wore three years in a row and my DS 2 years it was so cute I had a winter coat that had a black lining so they wore it in side out under the cow vest/ hood it was soooooo cute!!

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 1:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• no more than $25. my children are young still and we live in florida so cold weather isn't usually a factor.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• usually about $12-15.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Before I got married and I was paying for my own costume I would spend just over 100 every year. Now I will not spend any more then 30 for adult costumes and no more then 20 for DS's costume.
    Anonymous

• I would say that we average $25 each for the kiddos. I assume this number will jump once they get a little older and out of the toddler sizes :)
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My kids cost $14 each and I got mine for free and it's a $35 costume.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• well i made my sons mummy costume this year, but it was only about $12 for the sheets.. I looked at a thrift store but couldnt find any white. then about $6 for a white long sleeve shirt
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• This year DD's costume was $30...last year it was $20....year before it was $40...year before that it was $15
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We will have spent about 100 total for all four of us.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 1:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I made my sons costume and spent about $12 on the fabric.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It depends. On my self, I've spent close to $100 before (when I was younger. This is my son's first year trick-or-treating and I spent around $30 on his costume. He's going as a lobster. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2010