which is a good lowcost insurance for the whole family

adrianafaith

Asked by adrianafaith at 1:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Health

• Do you mean health insurance? There is no such thing, not if you self-insure.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Lowcost and health insurance dont go in the same sentence...surprised grammar check didnt catch this lol.

Anyway I use Blue Cross Blue Shield for my dd and I. It has worked well for us but the premiums go up every year. It is about $297/month for both of us.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• When it comes to health insurance, I recently had to get some for my fiance and son (I have mine through work). The cheapest with good coverage I found was with Blue Shield. It's about $200/month for the two of them. Plus, the plan I have allows them to go to any doctor they want, you don't have to sign up with one specific one.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have lived without any type of health insurance for most of my adult life. Thankfully, I've been very healthy! I've been using a discount medical plan for 5 years now and it is worth it if you can't get anything else due to pre-existing conditions or just can't afford traditional insurance. I pay $39.95 per month for my whole family and it includes real discounts on our dental and just about every other medical visit and tests too. I now sell the plan but was a member long before I started selling it. :)
    eileenbrigantin

Answer by eileenbrigantin at 10:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010