Would you go out of state without your young kids?

I have always wanted to go to NYC ( I live in small town ohio) .... and now my sister in law is going and has invited me to go with her ( her friend lives there and is going to be our tour guide) .... We will be leaving on a Monday morning ( we will get in NYC at about 8am) ..spend the whole day in the city, stay the night and that evening fly back home... so I will really only spend one night away from them ...

BUT .. I have never been away from them ( besides when i was in the hospital with after having my youngest, I was away from my oldest for 2 nights) ... they are 2 1/2 and 8 months old.... my mom and dad say i should go and that they will take care of them...

I have silly fears like... what if I am that far away and there is tornados or a flood or what if I get shot ....

What would you do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I went to Europe for 10 days without my children when they were very young. They stayed with my parents while I was gone. Go for it!
    Anonymous

• I would go quicker than you can blink. My oldest is fourteen and last year was the only time I had a chance to go out've state (to a friends wedding) and I enjoyed it so much.
    tharealty2

Answer by tharealty2 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It's just one night. You'll be fine. Go for it, have a fun trip.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would go while they are younger because they are most likely not going to remember that you are gone. Go for it and have fun.
    tennay10a

Answer by tennay10a at 2:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Honestly, you're never going to be able to be away from them or them away from you if you don't go. Every parent has these fears and they can be irrational fears, but still very genuine. It's important though for your kids to learn to be away from you and you from them, so as they get older you both can feel free to have sleep overs or vacations. I really, seriously, highly suggest that you go. Make sure everyone has the contact numbers, the schedule for your kids, etc. But you really need to make this trip to build confidence in your kids that they can be away from you and you will come back. As well as you knowing that they're in capable and safe hands even when you're not there taking care of them. It'll be good for you all!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would go bc you never know when you'll get another chance and stop worrying about stuff if anything was to happen God forbid there won't be much you can do go and have fun woman. You'll be back before you know it with lots of memories (pictures).Have Fun & GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• yup. went out of town last year for our honeymoon without my DD. And she is at her dads everyother week thru the summer so I am used to her being gone. And in a few years we are going to go on a 2nd honeymoon and DS will be staying with his grandma for the week.
    Monica84

Answer by Monica84 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• for a short trip hell yea have a life your kids will be better for it.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Go! And have some mom time.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Go it's for a short time. Call and check on them every chance you get.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 3:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2010