How to eat when your depressed?

I'm one of those people that can't eat when something is bothering me or I'm depressed. Since the issues with my husband and I have been happening a week ago I can't eat/ I've already lost 5 pounds. I try to eat for my kids but it just leaves my stomach feeling heavy and a stomach ache later on. I try light things but it still makes me feel sicker to my stomach.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Health

• I am the same way.... I've lost 10 llbs and everytime I try to eat I get violently ill.... It's gotten to the point where I can't even drink juice.... I don't really have advice but if you wanna talkm I'm here
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• See your doctor
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I am similar, I have a hard time wanting to eat or I'm just not hungry if I am under a lot of stress. I simply force myself to eat. It may not taste good, it may not make me feel good, but NOT eating will end up making you feel worse.
    Any recipes that remind you of Mom's cooking or that are your absolute favorite? Try making something that you normally really, really love. Just the act of cooking/baking itself seems to do the trick for me. It keeps me busy and keeps my mind off of things.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• One thing I can keep down is chicken broth... try that perhaps?
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2010