How old was your kid when you took them to their first movie?

Did they enjoy it? Did they sit still?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• one was 5 did great< One was 3 and it was horrible...one was 4 and was fine. i think it depends on the kid> my kid that didnt like it still doesnt at 10-i hav to keep him busy with food and drink or it is a nightmare>
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My daughter is 3 and I haven't taken her to the movies yet because she doesn't watch TV at home so I know she wouldn't watch the movie there.
    tennay10a

Answer by tennay10a at 2:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• 4 months. LOL And every so often from that moment on. I know at 3 he REALLY enjoyed it and sat still and quiet and understood everything. I took him at age three to watch Lake Placid, Blair Witch Project, Star Wars...many movies. He is NOT like other kids though. He at age 6 sat through and LOVED Hamlet onstage.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My daughter was 3 when we took her to see Monsters vs Aliens. She did great at first and then spent the last 30 or so minutes of the movie asking to leave...LOL! We waited until it had been out for a few weeks and went during the day so that there were not many people in the theater.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I took my twins to see Toy Story 3 a little before their 3rd birthday. They enjoyed it for a while, but we had to leave about half way through. It was really just too long for them. My friend's daughter who is two months older did great, but she is used to watching tv and full length movies at home. My kids were not used to watching anything longer than 30 minutes. I might try again when they are 4.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• 2 1/2 - we took him to see Shrek 3 and Toy Story 3. He loved it. He sat through it, although there were moments when we weren't sure he was going to make it, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• 2, how to train your dragon. He LOVED it. He didn't move at all!
    pageantgirl3

Answer by pageantgirl3 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• He was 3 and went with his preschool. HE love it!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• He was 20 months and sat through the whole thing
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Age 4. It was an "event" for us. I dislike when special things are made ordinary by being introduced when they're too young to enjoy. I dislike when children come to expect things like this. We went at age 4, it was a special day, we really enjoyed it. I also dislike attending movies with children who are too young and fussing/making noise/disturbing others.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2010