im 38 weeks pregnant and only 1cen dialated. how long did it take u to get to 4?

im not in a rush or nothing, i know perfection takes time.... i jast wanted to know. also does every time that i get a contraction mean that im opening just a little more?

TeenMom17-Mszy

Asked by TeenMom17-Mszy at 9:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no I went to doc around 1pm was told I was closed woke up at 3am with pain went to hosp at 4 am and I was 4 cem its all up to your body walk that helps
    Anonymous

• lol lord i dont know i went from 0 to 10over 4 days so i have no idea when it went to what
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I stayed 2 cm dialated for 2 weeks. Then they put me in for inducing ( I was past due date) and even on putossin (sp?) It took 24 hrs to have b/c I wouldn't dialate. He was my 3rd. My 2nd I almot had in the car! My contractions went from 8 min apart to 3 min apart in one timing. I got to the hospital in 7 min and was 9.5 cm dialated when I GOT there! It varies with each woman and each pregnancy! Good Luck!! Those last few weeks are the WORST b/c you are so ready to be DONE!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• it all depends if this is your first it might take longer
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i wouldnt go to the hospital unless you have 6 strong contractions in an hour.. you could be dialated to one for days without changing, but walk, have sex and blah blah blah.. lol
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i was dilated to 2 in an office visit and then 5 days later went to the hospital when my contractions were really intense adn I was at a 6 and half an hour later i was at an 8 (yeah that sucked btw) then my little guys heart rate dropped and we did a c section (he is perfect now though) it varies from woman to woman try walking it out and get that babys room ready!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• my first just a few hours..w my 2nd, i was at a small 3 for 3 weeks and was a day shy of being induced..i dont think there is a certain period of time..all our cervix's are different.lol
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I couldn't even tell you cause with my son in 24 hours I went from 2 to his head comin out and with my daughter in 4 hours I went from 1 to 10 so every one is different
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 7:23 AM on Oct. 29, 2008