Are there "camps" to help all sinners overcome their desire to sin?

Or is this reserved solely for gay people? we all have heard about the "counseling" gay people can get at those special places so as to "overcome" homosexuality. Are there special places for all sinners to go? Do they have counseling camps for gluttony, vanity, adultery, etc? Do you, as a sinner, feel you need to be counseled to overcome your sinful ways?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Interesting question.... If, as they say, all sins are equal, you'd expect them to have camps for all of them, not just "the gay disease", right?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Either way, they're a crock of crap.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think that's been tried before, ala Jim Jones - "camping" people into believing a certain way, regardless of their sins, is a recipe for disaster, IMO.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Wow, I hope so because I need a camp to help me get over murderous thoughts about intolerant asses.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Woudn't we all be there then? Who hasn't sinned??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Well, there are places people can go to fight addictions, there are rehab places, there are plenty of "___ anonymous" groups that cater to all sorts of different needs.... But I don't believe in some camp changing (or "healing") gay people, or that they even need to be changed or "healed". IMO the only ones who need to be "healed" are those who need to be healed of their intolerance and immaturity when it comes to homosexuality.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• funny, too, that the same type of people who want to wield the law to prevent gays from marrying piss and moan about a nanny state at any noises from the government about banning transfats, HFCS (NOT "corn sugar") etc.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Sure isn't that what psychology is for too they call their camps rehab. I've never heard of a camp for gay people but if people are deciding to go there on their own it's their decision not mine. I think it's misguided but it's their choice as long is no one is forcing under aged gay people there, it's totally up to them. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I'd like to go to a camp that can cure me of my heterosexuality. I feel like Jesus wants me to be gay.
    circle_of_life

Answer by circle_of_life at 4:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Sin is sin. God will foregive all sin if a person repents. There is help out there for all of our mistakes and shortcomings: Support groups, rehab, couselors, hot lines. We are all to offer help and support.
    AuntErma

Answer by AuntErma at 4:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2010