Do you really think its worth having friends? they seem to hurt you more than help, and the head games are just to much for me.

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I have dropped all of my "friends" within a day. I literally deleted my facebook, myspace and changed my email address and my phone number. I quit my job and stay at home now.
    Personally, it's so much better. I don't have all of the drama anymore. The gossip was just too much. And my husband really is my bestfriend. So I didn't really lose much, just people, drama, and phone numbers that ran up my bill.

AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Sounds like you need to re-evaluate your friendships.... TRUE friends don't play headgames, and don't hurt you. TRUE friends are people you can count on, people who will support you. I love my friends, I don't know what I'd do without them....
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My hubby and I do not have many friends. I do not like drama nor do I like people that interfere. The friends we do have are from high school that we both know will not cause issues.
    pageantgirl3

Answer by pageantgirl3 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Of course it's worth it, I don't know what I'd do without my friends. Maybe your picking the wrong friends or it could be something about yourself you need to change.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• True friends don't play games. I can count the number of true friends on one hand and I feel lucky to have them. You don't have to have ALOT of friends just a few really good ones.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i dont have many friends either and niether does my hubby. when high school was done, i only kept one friend and reconnected with 2 more. thats enough for me...and these are actually people i hang out with. on FB, i have close to 60 and these are mostly family but not family i hang out with either. Sometimes friends interfere like another poster said. They talk down about how much your strapped at home and never go out well...what if i dont mind that? i like friends but not ones who will judge.

i say...just keep friends on the internet like FB and you wouldnt have so much drama to worry about in real life.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• seems like you befriend anyone who will listen due to your lack of self confidence!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have been through this before, and the whole situation sucks. You feel like if you leave, you are the bad friend. But when you stay, you see THEY are the bad friend and you are miserable. A friend is someone that you can call no matter what, and they will help you with whatever it is without judgement.

I had a friend for 5 years... and we grew close very quickly. Well, a few years roll by, and I relaize that we were completely different people now. I had grown up and matured, and she still had the high school mentality. I thought after we both had kids she would grow up, but she was even worse, and I tried to stick around to make sure her kids were ok. But even in the end, ot wasnt a good enough reason to stay. All she brought was drama, negativity, and stupidity to my life.

I was hurt for like a week. Loosing someone from your life always sucks. But after a week I felt SO MUCH BETTER.

:)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 4:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• friends will always come and go... that's how we find the ones that are going to be around forever... without the drama or the pain that may come with it we wouldn't have bestfriends.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 7:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010