My SO treats me like a kid!!!

He constantly tells me what/when to eat and when to go to sleep. Then he'll tell me not to watch scary movies or they'll "give me bad dreams." He knows no to mess with me because I've got a bad enough attitude as it is. I don't know what to do about him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• laugh it off dont let it upset you
    Anonymous

• If he is really trying to control you, that is one thing. But if he is just making suggestions it could be that he sees it as a way to show he cares.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i would leave him if he is just a boyfriend. sounds like he has no respect for your feelings whatsoever and if you are married to him i would get counseling for both of you. if you have an attitude then tell him to shut the hell up. why would you put up with that? also why would he feel the need to treat you like that? weird!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• (Its me)You wouldn't believe how many times I have told him to "shut the hell up, etc." He got mad about something, threw my purse on the floor and everything spilled out of it.
    Anonymous

• some husbands are insecure cause they think they might lose their wife and are protective...some husbands are very dominant. , hell some of them might have a bdsm past you dont know about and it comes out
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I treat my SO like a kid sometimes, but that is because he acts like one.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Sound abusive, and it could get worse. I say get out.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I would definately say that sounds abusive. He sounds like my SO. He always trys "making suggestions" in such a way that he comes across as caring, but really he's more or less telling me what to do. I agree with the others, it is a way to control. And it only gets WORSE. Next thing you know, you'll be like me, stuck in the house like a caged animal. It's not fun, but it always starts with stupid things like bedtime. Sorry that you are in this situation, ofcourse try talking to him, but if he sees nothing wrong with it, then seriously consider cutting your losses and running.
    Anonymous

• i agree wiht the above answer, sounds controlling!
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 11:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Yes he sounds very controlling. This is how an abusive relationship that I was in began, just but him trying to tell me what to do constantly. Before I knew it my every move was being dictated and questioned and then the physcial abuse started.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2008