It is me or the dogs !!!!

We have 2 small dogs who i actually do love very much... I always had dogs growing up and I would love for my kids to have a dogs that "grows up with them"... BUT I really cant take it anymore... it is actually more my husband and not the dogs that I have a problem with.

We live in a tiny little house that is falling apart... we rent it but our landlord said we can fix it up ( do whatever we want to it) and that pets are aloud.... After a year we realize how crappy this house is and it is a money pit ( we made it look nice, but things are falling apart and stop working) plus she just uped our rent - not to mention we have no money, he lost his job. I have to babysit just to pay our bills.

My husband swore that he would train the dogs ( to go outside), well a year later and our white carpet is ruined ( that is even more money gone when i have to keep buying carpet cleaner) . But the topper is *continued below*

2lilbumblebees

Asked by 2lilbumblebees at 2:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• that I found 2 fleas in my daughters hair ... that makes me so sick to think that my child actually had bugs in her hair !
    2lilbumblebees

Comment by 2lilbumblebees (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• ..( I forgot to put in there)

I think we should just find good homes for the dogs, it hurts but obviously they need someone who can take better care of them.... that way we can move into a cheaper place ( like the apts. in town that are cheaper than what we pay...but dont allow animals) ...

My husband thinks we will beable to find somewhere cheaper... that allows pets ..but I know he is wrong... we live in a very small town and there are only a few places to rent...
    2lilbumblebees

Comment by 2lilbumblebees (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would stop fixing that house just make it comfortable for you and your family the heck with the landlord and then they raise your rent after you are the one dishing out the money to help fix what they should be doing... If I were you I would look elsewhere and I bet you'll have extra money too. next time try not to do too much just enough to get by for now. Look for a place for your pets to be able to stay outdoors somewhere safe. and use RAID flea killer (purple can) for the inside of the house chances are that is how your little girl got those fleas in her hair. Wash EVERYTHING!!!! GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Well, I think that you've mainly answered your own question. With the problems that you are already having, it is not a wise decision to try to house and feed animals. I would just take them to the Humane Society or put an ad in the paper for someone to come get them. You need to be focusing your time, energy and money on finding work, and taking care of your daughter.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• get rid of the dogs if he doesn't get a job to support them and clean them and tell your landlord she has to fix the house before you pay any more rent , then put the rent in a escrow account until she does.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Flea drops for your dogs are really cheap, there's no excuse for that. It's 5 mins once a month.

Talk to your husband about this, the dogs deserve to be in a home where they are loved.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 3:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2010