Cozy Cover ?

Does anyone have a cozy cover ? Its a fleece infant car seat cover for the winter. I just got one and there is a flap where the head goes that can be velcroed shut. I figured it was so when the baby was out - you could close it and it would stay insulated inside. I was told after saying that though, that it was actually for carrying the baby outside, you could close the flap over their face to keep the cold and wind off them completely... it isnt tight so there is breathing room inside... I just dont want to do this if its not really what you are supposed to do lol. If anyone has this or knows if that is correct please let me know. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I left it open while in the car or store or where ever, closed the tab while outside in the cold

I didn't keep the think on the carseat all the time because I had to take mine off to put baby in and out. I just left it off if baby wasn't in the seat

HTH
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I used one and loved the thing! I always closed the tab when outside to keep the cold air and wind off of her. I suggest it.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 10:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• It's to protect the baby in the car seat from the cold. Fleece is breathable so it's not really going to have a ton of insulating factor. I just liked it better than throwing a blanket over the top! Doesn't fly off
    ambularc22

Answer by ambularc22 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I loved my car seat cozy!! And, yes, I also fastened the velcro flap when outside in the cold.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I'd just put the cover over his face when we were walking from the car to inside and it was snowing or something...
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i always put the flap down when i go outside & put it up when we are inside. i think the carseat cover is a lot easier than a blanket! plus i get compliments all the time on how cozy & warm my daughter must be!
    baileysmama0808

Answer by baileysmama0808 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I always used the flap while we were outside and then undid it once we were inside. :)
    ILuvMyBoyz0608

Answer by ILuvMyBoyz0608 at 3:03 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I just got one of these formy 3 month old. I love it and so does he. I close the flap if it is windy outside to keep the wind or cool air out of his face as I am putting him in the car and getting him out. I usually unzip the whole thing once i get the car warmed up so he doesn't get too warm.
    BLRmommy723

Answer by BLRmommy723 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2008