My 4 mo old daughter is constantly rolling onto her stomach at night, then crying because she hates this position. It happens every 2 hours on a good night. I need sleep! But found the recall on positioners. What else can I do?!

Jill040810

Asked by Jill040810 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would roll up 2 receiving blankets and place them on both sides of my dd so she could not roll over
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 2:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i agree with mommylisar, I used to do the same thing for my kids, and it always worked!!!!
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I'd keep everything out of the crib, but I am pro not-have-anything-in-the-crib like that. =)

Does she get tummy time? Does she scream during that? It's going to take some time, but she will get used to it.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• The receiving blankets would be the same problem as the sleep positioner.

Have dad handle the roll back every other wakeup. Or co-sleep. Or dump that which is not needed to live in order to get down time.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• there are some breathable positioners if thats what is worrying you. I used ne with both my kids and they survived
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Sept 30th, 2010 -

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Consumer Safety Product Commission (CSPC) have come out with a strong warning that sleep positions pose a suffocation risk for infants:

http://blogs.babble.com/being-pregnant/2010/09/30/sleep-positioners-are-not-safe-for-babies-claim-fda-and-cspc/
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I used rolled up receiving blankets the first couple months, because my DS liked roll over early on too. We never used those sleep positioners; they made me nervous. I think by 4 or 5 months, I had stopped bothering with them because he was all over the place (very restless sleeper) and the ped said that if he could roll over on his own I really didn't need to worry about it. I always put in down on his back to begin with, but he always ended up rolling to his side or belly.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Lol. Mine does the same and I have the eye-baggage to prove it! I'm afraid the only thing you can do is roll her back onto her back. I know it tiring but her natural instinct to roll over (which will lead to crawling) is so strong, it seems like She can't even controll it. She rolls over the blankets, under the pillows. Just make sure she can't hit her head on anything and... I guess we'll wait it out together. Lol
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 5:36 AM on Oct. 21, 2010