What is the safest most secure convertible car seat?

What is the safest most secure convertible car seat? Something around $99 as well. :)

mrstremblay

Asked by mrstremblay at 9:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a graco comfortable sport for my son and it only cost about 80.00. you can get the carseat at walmart, babies r us or target.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• anyone?
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 9:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Oh really? When do you switch from your infant to convertible? My daughter is 6 1/2mo. but, she is too freakin' heavy to carry in that thing anymore.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 9:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• $80 is not a bad price.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 10:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Does it recline?
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 10:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My son is 5.5 months and we started him in a convertable seat. He is able to sit wit minimal support and we are able to carry him on our hip, so we figured it was time to graduate. We still have it rear facing until he is a year aand 20lbs; then forward facing. Ours reclines as well but it was over $200 (Britax); we liked that the weight capacity went to 65lbs where others cut off at 45-50. Hopefully this is the last seat we need.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Oh thanks for the info gwood.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 11:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• http://www.aap.org/family/Carseatguide.htm

sometimes it depends on what type/size of car you have.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You should switch your child to a convertable car seat as soon as they have outgrown the weight or length limit for the infant seat. Remember that your child must be at least 1 year and 20 pounds before you can turn the convertable forward facing.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I thought it was supposed to be rear-facing at least until the child is 30 lbs? Even though the car seat guides say 20, I'm pretty sure the pediatrician told me at least 30... and as long as possible is really safest. Carseat milestones are always a step-down in safety.
    RigbysMom

Answer by RigbysMom at 5:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2008