Question Please Be Specific!! THANKS I'm a slower learner lol

I am dilated already 2 a loose 3 cm and dilated 60% effaced with my 3rd child. But see the catch is with my 2 other kids I was enduced a month early and then 3 weeks early so I didn't get to "feel what labor feels like" and i got my epidural at 4 cm with both of them so I didn't get to feel contractions..well I also had heard that having sex causes you to contract so my friend just had a baby last week and she said that her and her hubby had sex and she was on top*TO MUCH INFO* but she said it was to painful so she took it out and just rocked back and forth and then at 2am she started having some intense contractions then she had him at 8am the next morning. I didn't wanna be crazy and ask her for pacific detials but what did she mean by rocking back and forth? I'm just so tired of these braxton hicks contractions and I sooo want this over with..I think they admit you at 4 cm......anyways so I would just have alittle cm to go

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• IDK lol but try nipple stimulation it works
    Anonymous

• well i think she meant she rocked back and forth on his guy part while they had sex. and real contractions are way more intense so if you are in labor you will know it, you wont be able to walk or anything and they will be 5 min apart or closer
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• They say have sex because the semen helps break down the walls (can't remember exactly what it's called). It has nothing to do with rocking back and forth or anything. My doctor told me to eat pizza and have sex. Haha I thought it was funny, but my husband loved it. Needless to say it didn't help, she came when she wanted to.
    Anonymous

• I'm a firm believer that sex works to induce labor. We did it at 2pm and she was born 17 hours later LOL. I think the "rocking back and forth" might mean sitting on him and just sliding herself along his shaft rather than penetration. Anyway, it's actually the hormones produced by orgasm that help w/labor, so no matter what he does to givve you one, that might work.
    Anonymous

• Ok...Here's what you do in very specific terms: (I think I will remain anon, LOL)
    Sit on top of your hubby with his penis inside of you. Then, lean back, as far as you can with your big pregnant belly, while remaining penetration, and rock gently back and forth as much as you can so that the tip of his penis rubs against your cervix. It's actually the semen that helps get your cervix ready, but your hubby will love this and anything helps!!
    Anonymous

• Anon is right. The semen contains hormones which causes the dialation and effacement. (Oxytocin I think) The rocking is about the same as "stripping the membranes" which in effect forces the widening of the cervix. BUT, if you have too much pain, stop. Remember, natures way is best and you can't force the baby to come.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• One lady said her Dr told her to eat pizza and have sex, well my Dr told me the same thing. He said, "If you want to start labor, do it the same way you did when you got pregnant. Go to a nice dinner, see a movie, go home, have sex, and relax." lol, I thought that was hilarious. Anyway, if you can handle the sex, try it. Don't get too rough though, lol. Just take it easy, and the semen does help.
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• hey do lots of walking too and all teh other mommas are right It worked for me too in less than 8 hours. BTW if you are dilated to 2 cm its not braxton hicks anymore its early labor! Those contractiona are doing something and your in the home strecth! I was dialted to 2 at an office visit and had my baby 4 days later!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:33 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I think what she means by rocking back and forth is getting on your hands and knees (AFTER sex) and rocking forward onto your hands and then back onto your knees. I've been told this many times because it moves the semen around inside and makes the contractions come quicker and stronger.

The nipple stimulation also works 2.... my hubby really likes to rub them... and other things with them 2... sometimes he can get carried away but the more stimulated you are, the more hormones are released and the sooner you can go into labor.
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2008