Attn: C-sect. mamas... what is happening to me?

I had an emergency C-sect with my first girl, now I'm preggy with my 2nd, I'm 22 weeks and feeling great. Today I'm kind of hurrying trying to clean & do laundry & stuff, because I still have to get us in the bath, make dinner for Daddy, and hurry off to Grandpa's by 6 and it's an hour drive. I'll be gone tomorrow and the Parents as Teachers lady is coming Friday morning so this is my last chance to get my house in order.

A few times today I felt a light "stinging" pain in my lower abdomen, right around my c-sect scar - but on the INSIDE, not outside. It doesn't feel like round ligament pains - I know what that feels like. The closest description I can give is, like when your lips are really chapped in the wintertime and they're cracked, and you smile and the crack splits apart a little - it feels like that. And that scares me. Otherwise I feel fine...

Have any of you felt this and do you think I should call the doc?

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Or it could also be caused by your previous scar tissue and such stretching.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would call the doc just to be on the safe side... but it may just be the nerves growing back. Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I did feel some of that, and memigen is right, it could be the scar tissue stretching. I would call your doctor just to be sure, but I wouldn't worry too much.

How old is your first child? I had a large gap between my 1st c section & 2nd, and didn't have any problems, but between my 2nd c-section and 3rd there were only 2 years, and I had discomfort around my incision.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Do not take a chance. Call your doctor.

Answer by louise2 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I wasn't sure if it was my bod telling me to slow the heck down. :) I really can't today... but I thought I'd take a minute to ask the fine ladies on CafeMom. Scar tissue stretching makes sense... If I feel it more as the day goes on I'll call the doc. :) Thanks!!
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• DD will be 2 1/2 next month. Maybe I will call the doc.
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Sounds like you have adhesions from your previous c-section and they are stretching along with the uterus. I still get a similar sensation when I am on my period. Def call your doctor if you are worried.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Called the doc, they said nothing to be alarmed about - probably like you said, scar tissue stretching. I have an appt. next week so they made note and said they'll see me then. Thanks ladies!
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2010