Do you have a basement playroom? How is it organized?

We can't seem to get ours into good shape. How do you organize all the toys and television space?

Hazelnutkin

Asked by Hazelnutkin at 2:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We have a small room on the main floor that's the "playroom" generally it's a mess, but that's it's purpose. We do have shelves and totes and clean up every other day or so, but it's the one room where messes are allowed.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Thanks, Mom2Jack.
    That is the reason we are going to use the basement, too. We want it out of sight, want some adult space back. I just want some organization for sanity's sake and to teach the kids to take care of their things. I was thinking of canvas bags on hooks at kid level. who else has some ideas?
    Hazelnutkin

Comment by Hazelnutkin (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• lol organized!! not so much more like a bomb went off. but we have shelves and cubby holes and toy boxes for things to go into when the time comes! we dont have a tv in there but we have a small love seat on one wall then all the things the toys should go in on the other. good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Organized? What's that? I have shelves for stuff to go on, and some bins, but usually it's a toy explosion. I figure, whatever. I can clean it up enough to vacuum in about 5 minutes, so I don't worry about the mess.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2010