So my 7 yr old nephew got beat up by an 11 yr old yesterday...

so my sister allowed her 7 yr old to go to the park alone with his younger brother. He was beat up by an 11 yr old because he wouldn't go home and get a liter so the 11 yr old could smoke a ciggarette..He was punched in the stomach to the point of not being able to breath..he's always terrorizing all the little kids in the neighborhood and his parents won't do a thing..He beat up a little 5 yr old girl with a 2 x4..My sister called and pressed charges on the kid and now she has to testify and so does the her 7 yr old..My question is do you think my sister can get in trouble as well for not supervising her kids while at the park?? To me it makes her just as responsible for what happened to her kid as it is the parents of the 11 yr old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• it will certainlly bring up some questions, especially since she left a 7 year old in charge of the safety of a younger child
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think it may depends on how far the park is from her house and if there are streets and such to cross.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• it's clear at the other end of the trailer park
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• 7 is too young to be unsupervised. Why did she not go with knowing there is this kind of bully in the area?? She got herself into a mess. I wonder what she will say.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think it's sad that we live in a time when we have to supervise our children going to the park. I mean, I realize that safety is important, but when I was a kid it was perfectly safe to go, and now you have psychotic kids beating up younger kids and their parents not doing shit about it. I mean the court might see it the way you put it, but it should be more on the bully's parents for not raising him to treat people with dignity and respect. And being a kid is no excuse as to why you would treat others that way. Respect is something you should learn the moment you are born.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I fear for her but I'm not feeling sorry for her by any means she is irresponsible and does stuff like this all the time and we've warned her if you don't wanna go then don't let your kids go...her youngest is 6 months but her kids that were there that day were 6,5,5,3,3 years old
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think her letting her 7,6,5,5,3,3 going to a park alone is very wrong!!! To me, that is neglect! However, pressing charges on this other child was the right thing! I have to ask, where were the parents of the 5 year old little girl who was beat up?
    lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Personally i think both parents are at fault, more the 11 yrs old then your sister. I would NEVER allow my 7 yrs old go to the park alone with another little one. Pressing charges was the right thing to do but your sister needs to able to answer the questions about why the children were at the park w/o supervision.

I think your sister also should get other parents to back her up with the problems they are having with this 11 yr old child.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• yes she will be asked by the defense attorney about it.... i am sure the prosecutor will prep her but honestly ... in a safe neighborhood. you Should be able to let them play without worrying that someone will terrorize the kids. she isnt on trial. the person who assulted multiple children is on trial as he should be. i am glad she has the balls to press charges and by not supporting her... you are seriously a POS! sure sending the 7 yr old was a mistake, she will live with that. she isnt responsible for the monsterous behavior of the 11 year old though. if the 11 yr old had already attacked a child - HIS parents shouldnt have let HIM go without supervision! I hope that lock that child up for a long time and that his parents have some consequence for turning him loose on the streets as well.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• They might question why she allowed her seven year old to go to the park alone, but they'll be more concerened with the 11 year old terrorizing the neighborhood.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2010