Has anyone ever found a SURPRISE twin???

I've heard a lot of stories where Mother's were pregnant with multiples but didn't know it until way later in pregnancy... even after the u/s. They say the other could be hiding behind the other one. Did this ever happen to any of you?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It didn't happen to me. But one of my mom's friends didn't know she was having twins until she was actually giving birth! Kinda freaky if ya ask me!
    Jenpdxs

Answer by Jenpdxs at 10:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Did they do an u/s though?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• that happened with my aunts boys..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• usually the doctor will tell you if they are 100% sure there is only one baby and if not they will do a second us i think with the advances in medical technology it is much more rare occurance today than even 20 years ago. Personally I have not heard any stories of this happening RECENTLY.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• This happened to my friend when her mother gave birth to her--BUT it was 30-some years ago.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:51 AM on Oct. 29, 2008