took castor oil

I took 4 tbl spoons of castor oil this morning at 11 am . I have not had any signs of it doing anything yet . Not even a poop cramp yet,LOL . Anyone else take this stuff and how much and how long did it take for something / anything to happen ? I am 40 weeks and completely miserable !!!!!!!

sarbreen28

Asked by sarbreen28 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• All I can say is..I hope the cramps and poops you should be having don't come on so strong that your baby goes into distress or it causes baby to poop in the womb and inhale it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Does your doctor know u r using that??? U should call the doctor.
    Anonymous

• Be careful with castor oil. What it does to you, it can do the same for your unborn baby (the poops). It can cause the fetus to poop out it's meconium.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• In my opinion it isn't work taking. I know lots of people who have tried it and it just made them sick. No baby to follow until either they were induced or a week later went into labor. I just heard recently to try eating eggplant. Not sure if it works but the lady swore by it. Good luck!!
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Oh no....why would you do that? You need to call your Dr. RIGHT now and let him/her know that you took it.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• That was really unnecessary. You shouldn't try to start labor---that will happen when the baby is ready, not before.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• sweetie, I drank 2 bottles ofcastor oil, and all I gotwas some nausea! and you DONT need to call your doctor! It is all natural! People are spazz's! Youre fine! and it does not cause baby to poop meconium! You can ask the doc, it is not possible! People are so weird with their false facts...LOL It is a waste od time tho!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I drank an entire bottle of it and nothing happened. Just wait for nature to take it's course.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• yuck how did you get one teaspoon down ..... lol. good luck
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:30 AM on Oct. 21, 2010