how long would you try for a baby?

how long would you try to get pregnant? if you were ok with adopting, how long would you try before giving adoption a go?

willowtree5

Asked by willowtree5 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I tried for 13 years with multiple miscarriages and other issues until I finally tried IVF and it worked Thank God! But if it didn't work, I would adopt and I may still.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i think it would depend on my age and circumstances at the time, I am not actively trying as in charting and such... but we did attempt for a year, I am only 25 though so there is still plenty of time. so I would wait on adoption, but if I was older and the chances of pregnancy were low then probably for a year and then proceed with adoption.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i will give my dh until age 40..if nothing happens we will try the ivf..then we will talk. i think i am happy though with just my son if it doesnt happen for us. that is 7 yrs away so hopefully something will happen. if it happens it happens, if it dont then it dont
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We tried for 5 years only to have 2 miscarriages and finally a dd the 3rd time. I used IUI each time. IF that hadn't worked we would have tried once or twice more then start adoption procedures. I was 36 by the time I had dd.
    sku5573

Answer by sku5573 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We tried for 2 years and were told we had unexplained infertility so decided upon adoption to which we recieved a beautiful newborn baby girl just a year later and another beautiful baby boy when our daughter was 13 months old! We are truly blessed! But, we unexpectedly got pregnant this spring (9 years of TTC! LOL!) and m/c but we are trying again as we HAVE gotten pregnant and there is no reason why we shouldn't again. So, we may be a family of 5 someday, but if not, we are very happy with our 'million dollar family!"
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 9:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Fortunately, I havent been in this position. But I would try for 2 years before I accepted the fact that God only wants me to have one. And she is a beautiful amazing one.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:47 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm 25 now. I'd try until I was 30. If nothing, we'd start looking into adoption.
    kayteebug93

Answer by kayteebug93 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I would probably try forever but also adopt all at the same time
    haydensmommy009

Answer by haydensmommy009 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2010