Are there any dolls with long hair that stays brushable instead of turning into a frizzy matted mess?

My 3 year old LOVES fixing hair. She likes to brush it and put rubberbands in it, so she really needs one with longer hair. She has a Barbie Styling head, but the hair is almost always a frizzy tangled mess. What I have read is that most all doll's hair gets this way when it is actually played with. Even the reviews I read for American Girl dolls said the ones with longer hair had this problem. My scalp is sore from my daughter's "styling"...we really need a new doll or styling head! Are there any dolls available that have long hair that can actually be brushed and styled?

TweenAndTwinMom

Asked by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• or you could ask a salon or beauty school if they have an extra for sale or that they want to get rid of or try craig's list lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I was just wondering this yesterday when my daughter was trying to brush the My Little Pony mane. I hope someone knows of something.
    inthepit

Answer by inthepit at 3:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• maybe buy a good wig from a wig store, and superglue it to one of them head thingys or something, this way she's not using the synthetic crap hair they put on them adorable dolls

pinkrayn

Answer by pinkrayn at 3:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Can you wash the doll or styling heads ? If yes, then maybe wash it with a detangling shampoo might help ?
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Thanks! My husband's cousin is a hair stylist. Maybe I'll give her a call and see if she can hook me up with something.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Comment by TweenAndTwinMom (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2010