This is going to sound ever so dumb...

but where do you find a list of EVERYTHING that's being voted on this election. I always get shocked by some thing. Like a comptroller or a constable or something. And yes, I have googled. Do I have to buy an actual paper?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 3:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would like to know that too It is not a dumb question. How many people actually want to know or ask where to find it?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You should get a sample ballot in the mail that shows you what you ae voting on. Unless you are talking about what other districts and states are voting for.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

____________________
    I haven't ever. Funny they never forget where I live when they want money.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I don't get one in the mail...

You should be able to find a sample ballot on your state's website though.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Ok, but you gave me an idea mommom, I googled "sample ballot" for my area, and got it!
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Contact your Board of Elections... :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Thank you Mommom2000 !
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• our newspaper put out today everything that was voted on in the past and how the incumbents voted,and the direct result on the average county citizen.along with what is being brought up. Now, it did list the names of the people who paid for the ad, but clearly this is something that has been done for a long time around here. I thought it was awesome, check your local newspaper or your online newspaper, you can also contact your local reps and your local board of electors, you should be able to pick up something in the registrars office at your courthouse, I would think. Or whichever office takes new voter registration applications. If your local reps have websites contact them via website and they will provide for you for free that same info.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Not a dumb question! I was actually searching all over the web last week when DH came in and said, "Watcha doin?" I told him and he held up the free paper we get in our city and said, "You mean this?" In big black and white it read, "Voters Guide"! HAHAHA! It told who was running, what party they were affiliated with, what they wrote in about themselves, what the position entailed, and the requirements of the position. I never found it on the web, but I will try searching for "sample ballot". Thanks for that!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes, thanks! I'm going to leave this open for a while in case anyone else didn't know.

I was googling things like "running election 2010" and my area, and man, was I getting some odd results. The good key words were sample ballot. Hadn't thought of it~
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010