what is wrong with me i am 61/2 months pregnant and still have morning sickness every morning and the sight of food in the morning makes me sick and i get up every morning and make my dad breakfast and i have to come home from school about two times a week and sleep its like i cant get sleep but i get in trouble 4 sleeping in class what is wrong with me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Health

• Nothing is wrong. Just what happens with pregnant women. My mother said she had morning sickness through her whole pregnancy, morning noon and night with me lol. You can always call your OB and let them know and see what they have to say.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• It's time to talk to your doctor. There are medications they can prescribe for severe morning sickness. I think the term for what you're dealing with is hypermesis?
    The tiredness, I'm not sure. I'm 13 weeks, and luckily get to sleep about 14 hours a night and them I'm good for the day. If I'm super busy, I still get tired.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You're pregnant, dear. Unfortunately, some gals with pregnancy nausea just don't get relief at the end of their first trimester. If you're having trouble keeping on or gaining any weight, you might ask your doctor what can be done. Regalin is a safe medication one can take that helps with the sickies. As for being tired... welcome to the club. It comes with the territory. While some seem to breeze through pregnancy without nausea or fatigue, the majority of us experience one or both of those symptoms for some or all of the pregnancy. Try getting 8-10 hours of undisturbed sleep at night and taking an hour nap each day. Hope that helps. Good luck to you!
    Anonymous

• its normal.
    Anonymous

• Every pregnancy is different. With my first, the smell, sight and taste of food made me throw up and I kept eating for my baby but kept throwing up. I had to go to a nutritionist and nothing stopped it. I finally stopped throwing up around the 6th month. I lost 16 lbs but gained 23 so all together I gained 6 and had a 7lb baby. So hopefully it will began to stop soon. I hope you feel better soon.
    ginene

Answer by ginene at 10:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I am 23 weeks pregnant and I can't sleep either. My morning stopped after a month or so thank gosh. But when it comes down to sleep I can't get comfortable enough to sleep. I try and take a nap when I put my son to sleep.
    rachl79

Answer by rachl79 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• some ppl have sickness the entire time.. i was awfully tired when i was preg w/ my son i was tired all the time so thats normal too.
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2008