how do i get my kids to stop fussing and fighting all the time?

Georgiamama28

Asked by Georgiamama28 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Your profile says they range in age from 10 to four... are ALL of them fighting or just a couple in particular?

My mom used to have us go work on chores TOGETHER. Like raking the yard. Great way to get your kids to bond... as long as you don't mind that they're actually consolidating to complain about YOU. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 4:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have to just sit in between them. They are boys and they like to fight and fuss at each other.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 5:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• a trick I tried and worked from parenting mag. was to have them talk and then HUG and they had to keep HUGGING (for me I have them sit first or it turns into something else) until they can get along. Usually they just start laughing and its over. I also have a "please" rule... is one asks nicely with please then the other must either comply OR at the very least give serious consideration to....
    but mine are only 7 amd 5 ... so I think that helps too.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• GOOD LUCK mine are 18 - 23 months, wow i cant believe the oldest will really sit and pick back and forth with the younger ones... they do. i just try to separate them or get them on to something else, i think mine get bored, that's when i see it more
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:28 AM on Oct. 21, 2010