pregnancy question?

I am currently 26 weeks pregnant. For the last weeks and a half or so I'll get a tightening sensation or if the baby is pushing on my uterus.. then it moves up to my lung area and it tightens up for about 30 seconds or so.. almost like something is squeezing them. Im not sure what braxton hicks feels like or what it is supposed to feel like when the baby is by the ribs.. Thank you!

miranda_nichols

Asked by miranda_nichols at 4:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well my kids always ran their feet over my ribs bump bump bump the tightining braxon hicks just feels like your stomache is tightinig up
    mammababyj

Answer by mammababyj at 4:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Sounds like normal Braxton Hicks to me.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• That sounds like Braxton hicks to me, too. I had that, where it felt like my daughter was pushing up against the top of my uterus for a few seconds which sounds like what you are describing.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• yeah i agree, sounds like braxton hicks... you're body is just working out, getting ready for the real deal :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I'm 26wks and my little one is still kicking low. If it's BH I would drink plenty of water or try drinking a Gatorade because you might be dehydrated. Then lay down and rest if you can.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 4:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes I agree had the same thing about 26wks, but mine started hurting alittle so I went to get checked out just in case. I was told that I was not getting enough water and it was causing my uterus to contract. So just make sure you are getting plenty of water.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 4:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i'm no doc but i would say it is braxton hicks
    Georgiamama28

Answer by Georgiamama28 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You need to sit down and be still.
    I got that yesterday.
    But My Mom said sit down and shut up.
    Try and take a nap she said.
    If it gets any worse please go and see your Doctor.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2010