The best healthy cookbooks

I want to expand my cooking skills and would like to know if you guys have any favorite cookbooks that you use often. I'm looking to cook real food with that uses real ingredients. Any suggestions.

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Get one of the betty crocker cook books. I LOVE that one. I used it all through high school (my mom never cooked so I did) But I moved out and got married and my mom got rid of it! I am sooo upset about that because I loved it and it had the best recepies.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• American Heart Association Cookbook and Weight Watchers Cookbook both have tons of healthy recipes with regular food. I also like Cooking Light but that can be a little more complicated than the others. I frequently use the Joy of Cooking and the Betty Crocker cookbooks too, but they don't have quite the health focus. I bought my daughter the AHA cookbook because it was simple and healthy with a lot of variety.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have the "Crock Pot [The Original Slow Cooker] Recipe Collection" cookbook that I really like. It has such a varity of dishes and all are soo simple.
    I am looking into getting "The Kind Diet" by Alicia Silverstone. It's a Vegan Book. I don't plan on becoming vegan, but a lot of their lifestyle choices are beneficial to the human body.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Visit your local library they have a great selection on books. I tend to enjoy the ones that have colored pictures of what the recipe should look like.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2010