Moms who work full time

Do you ever feel like you haven't slept for days...when you go to bed every night. Today I have a day off from work and my husband doesn't have to be at work til 5 today and I have done nothing but sleep all day with the exeception that I got up this morning with my son til nap time..then my husband let me sleep. I slept for 4 solid hours but I feel like I could go back to bed and stay there...I am just exhausted!

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ah yes, I'm ALWAYS tired, heh. But on the weekends, I get to sleep in on Saturdays, and my fiance gets to sleep in on Sundays. That helps a little...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Ohhh yeah! I work full time and my DS is 19 months old. Morning comes and I feel like I've slept for about 4 hours or something...but I've actually slept 7. I don't know what's wrong with me lately! I don't know how old your son is, but I remember when mine was between 14 and 17 months old, I was SO exhausted all the time. Teething horribly, whining, etc...which makes the day hard and makes you even more tired. You're not alone!
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i am a full time domestic engineer and have that problem!! just because i am a SAHM does not mean i don't need a day off, too!! sleep when you can and pop some vitamens! :)
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 4:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I feel that way a lot. The crazy thing is that when I do get the chance to sleep in I can't.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• OP Here: My son is 21 months old btw
    leann74016

Comment by leann74016 (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Nah. I sleep better when I am working. When I am staying home I tend to stay up all night and sleep all day which makes me tired and cranky with my kids. When I work I usually work nights or evenings.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes. I have 3 kids, and I'm constantly exhausted. My days start at 5, work stresses me out, which just makes me more tired, and my days normally don't end until 10:30 or 11.

BUT. I have found that taking some B6 & B12 vitamins helps immensely with the feeling like you haven't slept for days.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I sometimes take a day off of work and take my DS to daycare just so i can catch up on sleep! I work full time and am a single mom and let me tell ya... I feel burned out 24/7...
    maxwell488

Answer by maxwell488 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I used to feel that way, but lately my son has been a late sleeper so I feel MUCH better. I work evening shifts so I am home in the morning with my son and then go to work at 2:30 and get home about midnight... when he used to get up at 6:30... OMG it KILLED me! Now he sleeps until 8:30-9:00 and it's wonderful!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• soooo jealous....I'm a SAHM and I feel like that too!
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010