is it normal not to have...

Im almost 16 wks pregnant with my first child. Is it normal not to be able to feel a hard spot on my tummy? GIrls at work have been able to feel a hard spot when Im standing up. My tummy does look like I am preangnt with the fat and the roundness. I just want to know if its normal?

Kristin0312

Asked by Kristin0312 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not exactly sure what you mean, but when I was pregnant, I was fat (really really fat) and it was hard to tell with me too. I didn't have the cute preggo belly that others get to have. As for the hardness, yes, that did come, but I don't remember when.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes, especially with your first it takes longer....don't worry when your uterus is the size of a basketball, you'll feel it
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It is completely normal to not be able to feel your baby if that is what you are asking.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yep, sounds like mine!
    TeacherMeg23

Answer by TeacherMeg23 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yeah, me too! I couldn't even feel him moving or anything until (if I remember right) 23 weeks or something! And I never even felt him to the touch I think until 20 weeks or something. No worries!
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• That's just your uterus rising into your belly. The more it rises and the bigger that it gets the harder your stomach will become.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Try laying down and feel around an inch or two below your belly button. You might be able to feel it then.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 4:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i would say so , i never felt a hard spot until i started feeling my kids kicking and moving around.
    Georgiamama28

Answer by Georgiamama28 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It was for me.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My uterus was like a hard spot, but then my uterus got bigger, now it only feels tough. I am pretty small though, so that could be why it is like that
    Emmalynns_Mommy

Answer by Emmalynns_Mommy at 10:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010