What in your opinion is the best kind of birth control??

I have been talking to my doctor about birth control options for after I have my son. And I was wondering what kind of birth control would you recommend? I am going to try and breast feed if that makes a difference. And I dont think I could remember to take the pill every day, I have a hard enough time trying to remember to take my prenatals everyday.
So what would you suggest??

**And please dont say not to have sex....

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 4:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Health

• the mere presence of some people's kids : )
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I just had my Mirena IUD removed because it was messing with my hormones, causing terrible acne and weight gain. Make sure you look into the side effects. I just took my doctors word that it was a great choice. I should have looked into it more myself.
    DunnH

Answer by DunnH at 4:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Condoms, lots of condoms lol.
    I've never used any birth control but that and I've only had one scare (but even woman on birth control have scares as well)
    Also talk to your doctor, s/he can help you determine what would be best.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I just got an IUD (paragurd) an im loving it.
    valyesyaz

Answer by valyesyaz at 4:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Sterilization

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I was on the pill while I was nursing. It was a different type, it's safe to take while nursing. I just an episode of Dr. Oz, and it said something about 75% of OB's would rather have a vaginal ring instead of the pill. That may be something you'd like to look into.

Hope this helps a bit.
    Erika
    www.ErikaCarrillo.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I learned a lot by Checking my temp daily before getting out of bed. Let me k ow if I had already ovulated
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think that the there really isn't any best kind of birth control. Each person is different, the best kind for them may not be the best kind for another person. That being said, I find I really like the depo shot.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 4:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• we're planning on using condoms while i'm breastfeeding (like you said, the mini pills that you take when bfeeding prob wouldn't work for me... you have to not only take them everyday but at the same time every day)
    I've thought about Mirena (an IUD) but haven't met anyone else that has used it so we'll just stick to condoms until we decide on something else (we want another kid eventually so sterilization isn't an option at this point)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yeah I am not sure that I am completely done with having kids either so sterilization is out for me 2
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2010