how do u feel about whipping your child?

Georgiamama28

Asked by Georgiamama28 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Whipping my child?? I would say a resounding hell no. Spanking once and a while...okay, but when you say it like that it sounds brutal....
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Is this a serious question? Anyone that feels it's ok to whip a child should be whipped a thousand times first!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• If by "Whipping" you are referring to spanking, then, yes I have spanked my child. If you are meaning actual whipping with a whip. WTF?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Really?? There is a difference between spanking and WHIPPING! Anyone who feels that it is ok to "whip" their child should have the child taken from them, and then should be whipped themselves.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have to say when I read this I thought I read it incorrectly. I have to say I do not believe in spanking my children and I definately would not whip them.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Please tell me you are kidding?

At no point is it okay to whip a child. Spat their butt with your hand now and then, but whip them.......GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL!
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 4:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Whipping??? Are you serious? That would be a big fat NO!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• are we talking about whipping in the sense of belts, whips, spoon ladels? or a swat on the butt or leg with an open hand?

the first is now considered child abuse, i promise. i had a friend who dealt with cps and you could have your kids removed from your home if you use that type of cruel punishment.

the second i feel okay about, as long as you are not only using it because YOU are frustrated, but because the child actually did something worthy of this type of punishment.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I hope you are joking. Although, I have known some people down south who would whip their kids,etc. because they didn't know better. (South Carolina....) No---itis never good. I makes kids hostile and angry and as adults they will be angry abusive people.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• WTF? Why is this in pregnancy? Your child isn't even born yet and your thinking about whipping him/her? Ugh.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010