Over night diapers

My little guy is 8 weeks old and currently wearing size 2 diapers. He sleeps really good (6 hours through the night) but pees through his diaper every night. I know he would sleep longer if he wasn't so uncomfortable from being so wet. I use the little rubber/plastic pants also and this stops the sheets from getting wet but not the fact that he is so uncomfortable. My question is has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do. I would love to buy the night time diapers but I can't find them any smaller than size 3. Any suggestions would be great, thank you very much in advance.

vboyde

Asked by vboyde at 4:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My guess would be that most 8 week olds don't sleep for stretches that long... I know mine didn't! So yeah, not sure what to tell you...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My DS did the same thing! I hated it!! The only diapers that he would not pee through was Luvs. Just make sure that the diapers you are using are not to small because they will pee through them or if they are to big they will pee through them. So double check that. Also FisherPrice makes night time diapers for infants you can get at walmart. Not sure the name of them but I have heard a lot of good things about them. Enjoy your sleep!! If your little one still pees through them you might have to change him when he is sleeping and hope that he dosnt wake up. Good luck hope this helps!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We recently went on a road trip. I bought Pampers brand but they were for TRAVEL! They seemed to work better than the usual night time ones I use for DD.
    sku5573

Answer by sku5573 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• First make sure you have the diapers on nice and snug and his penis is point down... sometimes the leaks just pop out the top. But if he's really a heavy wetter go a size up qwith night time diapers.... so a 3 nighttime huggie would probably work well. We started using the nighttime diapers when my son was several months older because he kept leaking... but we also found we needed to go up a size. So my son who is 2 years now wears a 5 Luvs during the day and a 6 nighttime Huggie for bed.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• At first we just made sure the diapers were snug--tabs overlapping if needed. Later, if he was in between diapers sizes, we would use the smaller during the day and went up a size for naptime and bedtime. We still make sure they are snug, but it gave a little more surface area during the night and leaked less often. Much later we started using some of the nighttime diapers. Also, making sure the bottoms of the diaper (on the legs) are not turned in helps.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Pampers makes a size 2-3 that might be good for you to try. Also something to consider is that different brands fit differently so even just a different brand in a size 2 might work better. I know with the babies r us brand, they are huge on dd and don't fit well around her legs, but the same size in huggies or pampers fits just fine.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I started using the overnight diapers when my son was still in a size 2. Even though they come in size 3 they still worked and werent too big on him. I tried the huggies overnight diapers and they were kinds stiff and they left red marks on the thighs. I tried Pampers Extra protection and they work awesome, they are so much softer than the Huggies. Go ahead and give them a try, if you think they are too big then it wont take long for him to grow into them.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• When my son was that age he slept for 6 hour during the night too. My husband and i would double up on the diapers. He wouldn't wet through the second diaper.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I found huggies hold more over night
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 9:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2010