Night time diapers

My little guy is 8 weeks old and currently wearing size 2 diapers. He sleeps really good (6 hours through the night) but pees through his diaper every night. I know he would sleep longer if he wasn't so uncomfortable from being so wet. I use the little rubber/plastic pants also and this stops the sheets from getting wet but not the fact that he is so uncomfortable. My question is has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do. I would love to buy the night time diapers but I can't find them any smaller than size 3. Any suggestions would be great, thank you very much in advance.

vboyde

Asked by vboyde at 4:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I always found that when they started peeing thru the diapers, it was time to go up a size even if the size chart indicates that they will still fit. Try a size 3 at night. Lose the plastic pants or you will start holding in the moisture and cause rashes.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would go up a size in regular diapers at night. That's what we did with our son with the same problem. Larger reg. diapers will do the same thing as the overnights. Good luck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I don't really know but do you think his current size 2 is too big that might fix leaking.. Also the brand you are using may not be as good as another brand.. I couldnt use huggies for my kids for that same reason. Luvs did better for us..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i always used huggies until they got about 5 mouths. you can also try pampers
    Georgiamama28

Answer by Georgiamama28 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I just bought the next size up for the longer periods of time
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Get rid of the rubber pants. Put a bed liner under the sheet. That way you will only have to change the crip sheet and the liner in the morning and not the mattress pad.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I agree with going up a size at night
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My friend get's size bigger,she has the same problem with her 9 month old
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 4:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Try the size larger and, in addition, make sure his penis is pointing down into the diaper when you change him. If it's pointing up, he'll be more apt to pee through (up and out of) the diaper.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 10:14 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I have found out that Huggies work best with little boys.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:22 AM on Oct. 24, 2010