we're having a baby in mid-November... is it okay to do a joint birth announcement and Christmas card?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 4:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• Maybe you can add on your christmas card, for example, "Love, The Wilson Family and new baby Abby" Or incorporate the new baby's name in there and make it known she is new.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• my son was born nov. 30th..i sent out announcements a week or so later that were christmas cards with his picture in it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• How about something like, "This year our Christmas present came early" and it can be a picture of your baby & maybe w/a santa hat on him/her. ????
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I agree with the previous poster. I would do a Christmas card and just include a new family picture with the new baby... But don't push the birth announcement idea too much.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I did that. It saves on stamps.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 5:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Sure- you could say "Merry Christmas from the "Jones" and our new addition, ________.!"
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think it's totally acceptable and one less thing you have to deal with as a new mommy. But maybe not push the announcement part too hard like the other girls said...make it known that he/she is new but leave out all the stuff about their birth like their weight and length and all that fun stuff :)
    Baby.Fremd7

Answer by Baby.Fremd7 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• sure, why not!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would do a traditional christmas card with a birth announcement inside it.
    1andcounting

Answer by 1andcounting at 12:24 AM on Oct. 21, 2010