So I am starting to realize that EVERY holiday has it contraversies. I didnt know halloween was like this, I didnt even know that there people that didnt celebrate it. If you dont please explain to my not??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 4:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• Some people think of Halloween as a celebrating a "Devil holiday" therefor, some religions don't celebrate it. Some do have a "fall festival" though.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We celebrate, but i've seen several women say they don't because it's celebrating the devil. At those responces I just have to shake my head
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We don't celebrate it really because its technically a pagan/wiccan holiday- we aren't up-tight about it or anything (my parent's were growing up- we were taught that it was Satanic! haha)
    we do our own fun fall things instead (our family has so many birthday's in October/November that we really don't need more sweets!)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 5:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It's really on how you look at it. I don't associate the devil w/it at all. I think of it is...my daughter is gonna get lots of candy, and it's all going to go to my butt. Plus, dentist here we come! :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• People celebrate holidays other than Christmas in the Winter...why is it so hard to fathom that people may celebrate different types of holidays other than Halloween in the Fall? Some dress up, some don't, some pick and choose, why is it wrong or hypocritical?
    We don't think Christmas and Qwanza are the same even though they give gifts..
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We celebrate it, but if it was up to my husband we wouldn't. He says all it does it represent the devil. To me all kids think about is getting candy. It not like these kids are going up to these doors knocking and thinking about the devil.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 5:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Musicmom80 I didnt say I thought it was wrong or hypocritical or anything. I just said I didnt realize it was such an issue. And was wondering why people dont celebrate it!!!
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Ok so people think it represents the devil?? How or why?? Im sorry but that doesnt make sense to me. So please try and explain.
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I never said you did. If you didn't say it then don't worry about it.I wan't referring to you.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Okay the way you put it made it sound that way. My bad then sorry.
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2010