Excersize and pregnancy

I just found out I am pregnant and have found very vague info on this. I excersize pretty hard about 4-6 hours a week, and would really like to continue. how much is too much and are there any REAL no nos? I gained 85 pounds with my first and would really like to avoid that again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• For most activities, you can continue the same exercise routine throughout your pregnancy; just listen to your body and don't push it, drink plenty of water, etc. I know some yoga positions have to be modified for pregnant women, but I don't know what else is different.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i would agree with the above answer, it's what i've found in my reading. obviously, don't go from walking a mile every day to running marathons or anything crazy like that, but i've read you can do the same stuff you were before pregnancy. if you're concerned with your routine (like, if it involves lots of weights or super strenuous cardio) then check with the trainers at your gym and your ob.
    ellokatie

Answer by ellokatie at 5:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I walk and walk and walk some more.
    Or I go to the YMCA and use the pool for a little bit.
    That is all I feel is safe to do.
    And if you think about it it is all natural.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Definitely agree with the above mamas- and check out Denise Austins Fit Pregnancy Book- its a wealth of good information and so positive... $10 ish at Barnes and Noble... I am currently going btwn elliptical and treadmill for an hour and have 2.5 pound wrist weights (from target, like$13) I pump my arms with while doing the exercise.
    Good for you for wanting to stay healthy while prego mama!
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 9:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010