How did you tell your SO/DH that you were pregnant??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 5:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well both times I felt pregnant, and hes the one with the money, lol so he bought the tests. I took them both in the early am he was asleep. They were positive and I woke him and said "hey look at this, I'm not seeing things am I?"
    Yep, both times it was the same. Different bathroom, different bedroom, different tests and different babies. But the same story. lol
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Oh, it was so romantic....NOT. I took a test after I woke up in the morning, it came back positive, went back to the bedroom, shook my fiance, told him "It's positive!" and he (still half asleep) said "That's nice, congratulations". Sigh... He needs about 30 minutes after he wakes up before he's actually capable of having a conversation, heh. So I went back downstairs and called my best friend, who had a MUCH more satisfactory reaction :P
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I had bought 2 packs of 2 pregnancy tests, so i had 4 all together, and tested on friday of each week just to be sure, because we were trying to concieve but then i got a job so we stoped, and i was just making sure we WERENT pregnant...so the LAST friday came around, i peed on the stick at like 6 am to get ready for work, it turned up positive i freaked out in the bathroom for a minuet before running into to wake up my husband (who for whatever reason at the time) was sleeping in our daughters room...I was like holy shit cody Im freaking pregnant!!!!!!!! He of course didnt say anything and went back to sleep. Sooo yeah, very unexpectdly i told him. It was a surprise to us both.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i was incredibly hung over from the night before, and as i went to walmart to get gatorade, i decided to get a box of tests as well. i got into work at 7am, chugged a gatorade, did my business and then called him... apparently he set his alarm for PM instead of AM so i woke him up and said "we're pregnant" he was just like "oh ok, well, i have to shower and get ready for work" i guess the statement hit him while in the shower, and he's been excited ever since!
    ellokatie

Answer by ellokatie at 5:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• well, we had broken up. After I took a test, everybody knew but him (in our little group) I waited till he had a few beers---Then as he left our friends house, I went after him, told him I needed to talk to him, I told him. It went better than I though.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• with our first child together (my second) he sort of left me knocked up as a going away gift before deployment LOL. seriously though we weren't trying for a baby, we just "hooked up" the night before he went back, and bam 2 weeks later i took a test and was prego! i talked to his mom (who i was close with at the time, not since we've been married though!), and she actually knew before he did. she didn't tell him though, she told him to call me and he did and that's when i dropped the bomb.

i was sooo scared to say it.. i'm like.. "well, what do you think it is? guess. do you have any ideas? what do you think?" haha i was beating around the bush so badly. but i did blurt it out and his response was silence, then "oh shit". its funny now looking back. he was very supportive though and not exactly thrilled (we werent even dating) but grew on the idea. we've been married for 1.5 years now and have 3 kids now (2 together)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We were together when we found out. :) Best thing ever!!!!! Just like we were together when we found out we were having a son. (:
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• 1st - tiny baseball glove with a ball. on the ball I wrote "For Daddy & Me"

2nd - baseball bat (we miscarried - guess that would be a strike out)

3rd - baseball helmet and I wrote #2 on it

4th - home plate (because I KNEW that would be it)

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• He was with me when I took the test and we were both shocked and excited:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Very Carefully.
    He was not ready for this one.
    But hay he did it to me.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010