Is this weird or am I just like everyone else?!?

Does anyone ever wish they had an ultrasound machine at home so that everytime you felt the baby move or felt pain, or just for the heck of it you could check and see what your lil one was up to?!?I DO!lol

Sarah0306

Asked by Sarah0306 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no, too many ultrasounds aren't good for baby.
    Anonymous

• it would be nice wouldn't it! LOL
    Anonymous

• wow! sound is bad? LOL at anon 10:08 ultrasound is sound waves just like when you or other talk to your belly, or just normal environmental sound.
    Anonymous

• I drive myself crazy with that thing...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• yeah ultrasounds arent the best thing for baby, if you have too many that is. Go ahead and google if you dont believe me. idc i know what i know, you just dont know.
    Anonymous

• It'd be nice, but I'm not sure if excessive u/s are dangerous or not. I only got a dating u/s. We went for my 1st appointment today, (13 weeks) and I was really hoping for an u/s to confirm everything was going well! We didn't get it, but we did get to hear the heartbeat. I guess that's the next best thing! ;) and they do have monitors for that. lol.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Wow it was just a question.I didn't literally mean every 5 seconds you be giving yourself an ultrasound!This wasn't a test to see what you knew either.Why can't anyone just answer a question without starting something?
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• then so are Dopplers to hear the heart beat at every visit! those use stronger sound waves than an US.
    Anonymous

• Awww. :) Is this your first baby? I felt the same way with my first. Pregnancy is a fascinating process. It is also instinctive for a mother to have frequent if not constant concern for the wellbeing of her unborn child. It's not weird to want your own sonogram machine, but keep in mind that studies are inconclusive in regards to extended exposure during the process. In otherwords, you may not want to overdo them. :) Besides, getting them at the doctor's office makes you that much more excited when you DO get to see him/her.
    Anonymous

• i wasnt starting anything, and i know you didnt mean every 5 seconds hun.
    dopplers are too anon. only if you do it a lot.
    Anonymous