Don't you hate it hen undeserving people get whatever they want?

Seriously! I've always been the 'good' child. I've always helped and taken care of my Mother. Done whatever she has asked of me. Got her through many hard times. My sister on the other hand has always fought her on everything. She has never taken care of anything, and I always took care of everything I got. Well my sister has gone through 3 laptops in the last year and a half. All purchased by our Mom. She keeps breaking them! and My mom keeps buying her more, not to mention 2 brand new camera's. My camera that I've had since high school went out on me. My mom has money in the bank. With DS's first bday coming up I asked to BORROW money to buy one and next pay check I'll return the money to her. She said NO! that I need to do it myself. OMG! She can fork out thousands of dollars on my sis, but can't help me buy a camera for her Grandsons bday.. that I WILL give her back! What do you think about this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I live in the same world. I've just learned to accept it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I suggest you share what you wrote here with her and ask her what she think? I think she should know what she is doing is wrong. It just doesn't seem right and perhaps your sister should do for her more than than you do. She does seem like she favor her more. I'm sorry that she has done this. I'm serious write her a letter and if she doesn't acknowledge it then at least you voice it.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think that you should give her a taste of her own medicine and stop doing things for her. It seems like your sister is the favorite and she gets her way regardless, and you have to do a lot of stuff for your mom just to get approval and that's not fair. If she can't reciprocate then you shouldn't be so willing to bend over backwards for her anymore.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• ask her.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yep, I did that with my Grandparent. My sister was a druggie/whore, and my grandma got he somewhere to live pays her rent has bought her three cars, because she keeps getting pregnant. Has put her into (I wont say through because she keeps quitting or failing) college 4 times now. Buys her kids clothes, toys, diapers, ect. Pays for her insurance.
    And one time a few years back I didn't have enough money for my car insurance, I was about 50 dollars short, and I asked my grandma if I could borrow it until the next pay check. and she said "no honey you are the only one who can do this by yourself. your so smart, and keep your money planned well, if I help you you wont learn." A week later she bought my sister ANOTHER car, and paid one years insurance. How was that letting her learn? I make the right choices so I get no help. She can't so much as wipe her ass unassisted and gets everything.. Yes I feel your pain.
    Anonymous

• My family does the same thing. I was the favorite child growing up, but once I stepped out on my own, things got different. It is hurtful, but I realized that I can not let it affect me now. I made a mistake when I first moved out. That was 30 years ago and they still have not forgiven me (I had a child "out of wedlock"). So, my brother and sisters, they help, me they ignore. Oh fudge well.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• What is up with this!? I see this all the time too. Sorry! I think people like to help weak people, it makes them feel good or they feel bad for stupid people. Its not fair but it is the way it is.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• jealousy is a demon!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010