what stressed you out the most when you were planning your wedding? Over bearing mother(s) -his or your's? the budget? the guest list? your fiancee?

I am still in the early stages of planning ours, & am not really stressed about must at this point. But if I had to pick one thing, it would be the guest list. DF & I want something small, but it seems like everyone is wanting to come! Even people we haven't seen in years!

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nothing - except the marital jitters "will he really say i do? will my knees become weak and collapse during our vows?" stuff like that.

there was no wedding planning. he went to his chaplain, he gave him 3 dates to choose from, we chose the first available. he wore his class a's, i bought a cheap but lovely dress in downtown (all of 3 traffic lights), and white dresses for our kids (who were 2 and 4 months at the time). that was all of the wedding party with the exception of another chaplain who took pictures and video taped for us and for family that didn't attend and weren't invited anyway.

it was small, intimate and private. we did not want to have anyone there. looking back, i wouldnt change a thing. except for having a family reception, which we never got around to doing a year and a half later. perhaps for our 2 year anniv..
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• rsvp..we kept it small (thats how we wanted it) but still getting the official head count was stressful. my own dad couldnt tell me until the very last minute if he was gonna make it or not. i think that and having to wait to make purchases week by week. i wish i had a big fat credit card to buy everything i wanted all at once instead of paying for my dress one week, my shoes the next, buying center peices one week, paying for my cabin.., my cake..it wouldve been so easy to just pay everything at once
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I was in school to become a wedding planner while we were planning my wedding. I knew what I wanted and knew how I wanted things. BUT, because of the way we were being pushed in to getting married we had less than 6 weeks to plan everything and a budget of less than $5K, which had I had more time I could have dealt with, but I didn't. Because my mother was paying for things (because SHE was the one pushing for the marriage - we were fine not getting married) she thought that meant she got to make choices for us and change what we wanted to fit her wants... Beyond that, it was just little things... But really the majority of the issues we had came down to lack of time & lack of control - both of which were my mother's fault...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2010