Have you bought glasses at Wal-Mart Vision Center for your child?

I went to a local eye glass place for my child 2 years ago and with exam, glasses, etc., the bill was about $300. If Wal-Mart is cheaper, I might break down and go there.

What was your average bill total at Wal-Mart?
Did they do a good job?

Thank you.

2tinyhineys

Asked by 2tinyhineys at 5:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• I bought a pair for my DD about a year ago, she is only 3 so I would say they are holding up fairly well. I spent about $90, they have cheaper ones than that...I also was referred to coastalcontacts.com...they have some really great deals but you would have to adjust the frames yourself when you got them in the mail.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No,but my husband did. He spent $110 and the glases are still good after 7 months so far,and he's hard on his glasses

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i got my sons glasses from walmart they were about 400 dollars cheaper than if i were to get them from his eye doctor.
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 5:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I spent 175 for the visit, the prescription, the glasses and the insurance. Then I went back and added the anti glare for 60 dollars. So 235. This was for me, not my child.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Nothing can beat www.zennioptical.com. I've purchased glasses from there for 3 people in the family including me, and the most I paid was $24 for one pair, including shipping. You have to have your prescription and a few eye measurements, but your eye doctor can provide that info. It takes around 2 weeks to get your glasses, once you've ordered. They have a great selection of frames and options.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 21, 2010